Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Roasted Pear Salad( favorite new recipe)

This past weekend we went to gulf shores and ate at a place called sassy bass. I ordered a roasted pear salad and enjoyed it so much I told the cook I was trying to figure out how to make it at home and she was nice enough to walk me though it. She said...

cut up a fresh crisp pear(washed of course). Put some butter( I added a tad bit of brown sugar also) in a pan and let it simmer then add the pear pieces.
The throw those and whatever else you normally like to garnish ur salad with over a bed of spinach. I didn't have spinach at the house but It was MUCH better with the spinach.

Add feta... lots of feta.

Then drizzle a capful of oil and lemon juice over everything as evenly as possible. Then drizzle a fare amount of honey( that's right.... HONEY) over the whole thing.

The mixture of the sweet honey and pear with the sharp cheese taste and the crisp slightly lemon spiced lettuce is so Delicious!
Its also incredibly healthy, filling, and a nice change from a regular salad.
If you don't try this recipe your missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment