Thursday, June 7, 2012

Couch to 5K training week 6

Wow! What can I say? I would suggest this program to anyone who wants to learn to be a runner. I feel better and have more energy but I have to warn you I've gained .5lb every single week since we started. I have always wanted to be a runner. Throughout the years I have tried but everytime I jumped in with both feel and failed shortly therafter. Looking back I can clearly see what was missing. And that would be BABY STEPS! 6 weeks ago we ,the 5k runner from Curves of Ellisville, walked 5 minutes, ran 2 minutes, walked 5 minutes. Then we all discussed how sad it was that those two minutes kicked our none running butts. Adding a minute here and a minute there we have all learned how to put one foot in front of the other and push through the doubt and pain. A week from our first 5k, tonight we ran the actual race day route. Walked 5 minutes, ran 15 then walk/ran the rest of race. I am 25 and I am the youngest person on the team. Two of our members wear braces due to previous injuries, The next youngest runner after me has ceribal palsy and is so sore somedays she almost trips while she runs but she has never missed a day. Tonight we ran/walked our first 5k in 40.40. I am so proud of the whole crew.
I cant wait for the race next week.
Pictures and times will be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment