Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The divorce rate

At the beginning of this year a report was released saying that the divorce rate was now at 70%. I can't accept this. an accurate translation of this report means the world is telling me most of my siblings and possibly myself will divorce. How can this percentage be correct? Whats bothering me is how in the world can they claim to even know the number of couples that divorce? The only way to get an accurate count of couples NOT divorced you have to wait until they are dead. And how do you count divorced couples when say wife is one her third marriage and husbands on his second. And if a couple has been married 30 years but both had previous marriages do they count as divorced or not?

It just hit me, another perk of a family our size ( other than being a voting block) is we can lower the divorce rate. Were already well on our way. At the end of this year half the Callen kids will me married!

No comments:

Post a Comment