Saturday, March 8, 2014

The passing of politics

I can't recall at what age I worked my first political campaign but I do distinctly remember sitting on my dads shoulders as we waved Dutch Dabbs signs on election day with my entire family and most of our closest friends. That was in the early 90s and Dabbs lost that race as well as the following one but as the years have passed I look back on that time as a huge victory for my siblings and I. Since the Dabbs campaign we've worked on many more. Some won, some lost, some ran again another day and some went home. I have never regretted the decision to help with an election or the time spent on one no matter what the votes said at the end of the day.
Reagan may never have a personal interested in politics or continue her involvement in the process once she leaves our home but I was proud to take her on the campaign trail with me this morning for the first time. I hope our candidate, Chris McDaniels, wins the elected for U.S. Senate. Our state needs him as well as the party. However, what happens in June and November aside, today was a success in my book.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment